The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the daily/monthly accounting functions of our UK based family office and will be reporting directly to groups CEO and CFO. The main responsibilities are:
• UK GAAP Financial Accounting and Reporting
• VAT returns
• Perform daily accounting and controls functions, including daily review of certain activities.
• Monthly accounting close of the books
• Monthly responsibilities include the reconciliation of cash, payables, receivables, loans, financial instruments, borrowings, interest and dividends, and etc.
• Monthly analytical review of income statement and balance-sheet, including preparation of commentaries
• Preparation of monthly financial package to Management with analysis and commentaries
• Interaction with government authorities
• Ongoing responsibility to evaluate the processes to improve through automation or procedural changes.
• Identify, research and resolve differences between actual and expected financial settlements
• Analysis and documentation of Internal Accounting Controls and Procedures
• Oversee, coach junior accounting staff
• Minimum 3-5 years accounting work experience in a medium-size company
• Qualified or Part-qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, etc)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with multitasking capabilities.
• Good understanding of technology & automation is a strong plus.
• Prior experience with SAGE and/or other accounting software
• Prior experience with XERO and/or other cloud-based accounting software is a plus.
If you are interested in the position, please contact me on my number. 07575656858 - Anastacia